Thursday, March 13, 2014

Checkpoint: Part one. Pre-conference.

[View the republished version on my new blog]

Here I am again. For about the 6th time, on the eve of another Colour Conference.

I've been known to share a few thoughts at times like these (check links below) so I thought I'd keep with tradition. Only this time, I feel we might have a two-part series on our hands. (If it were a three-part  you could start calling me Pastor Jess... #christianhumour)

So as I sit in the Sydney airport, please indulge me as I take stock of where I'm at today, to be compared with where I will be on Monday.

Since last Colour (in 2012):

Some things have changed.....
1. My marital status. Unlike another pre-Colour post, this time I have bling on my left hand and a new surname. I wonder if this will change the lens I see this weekend through? Probably.
2. My work. Two years ago I was about to go full time in a ministry role I loved. Now, I'm part time in a couple different roles as I recover from burnout caused by the aforementioned role. #irony
3. My priorities. These days I care a lot less about the social aspect of the days before me and instead hope to get some space.
4. My clarity. I have none. Well, maybe a little bit. Certainly much less than I wish I had.

Some things are the same...
1. My pre-conference nerves. You would be the same if you were as introverted as me and were preparing to be in a room with 16,000+ other women. #somuchoestrogen 
2. My anticipation. Every time I've been at Colour I have always come home with greater understanding, clarity (here's hoping!), and passion for what I'm put on this earth to do. 
3. My desire for shoe shopping. Enough said.
4. My mum is by my side. I do love me some quality mumma-daughter time. Will miss my sister though, who I also love doing conference with. 

My hope for the next few days is that I find some space to mentally and spiritually stretch out, work through a few things in my head that are bugging me, eat some yummy Thai food and not buy any of the merchandise that I know deep down I don't need. 

Until Monday....

Jess xx

P.s. I can't do fancy hyperlinks using the blogger app, so if you wanna check out those previous posts go to http://jessicabigg.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/taking-stock-12-month-checkpoint.html or, http://jessicabigg.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/braced-for-battle.html (the second one is interesting to read again.... So much has changed since then!)

1 comment: