Thursday, March 15, 2012

Taking stock... A 12 month checkpoint.

I am sitting in the Sydney Entertainment Centre surrounded by thousands and thousands of women. It's that time of year, again. The time when I brave my fear of large crowds, let go of my Hillsong skepticism, forget about my work emails and bask in the beauty of sitting still, being one of the many, and learning. Its time to plug in and soak it up!

This time last year I wrote this blog... And what a 12 months it has been since then! For the third year in a row I am facing significant change in work and I am bringing it to colour conference to lay it down, seek guidance, receive peace, renewal and restoration of the heart as I brace myself for a new level. (And a busier workload... Again!!)

As always, I am thankful for the journey that is my life, but I am particularly thankful for these past few years especially. I believe I have grown more in this time than any other season in my 28 years of life. For the third year in a row, these few days in Sydney will be a 'marker' in my year that launch me into the growth that lies ahead. Bring it on, I say.

It makes me wonder, what will I be writing about this time next year?

 (For the record, I was battling identity issues last year as a single woman. I dealt with that at last years conference and met my now-boyfriend, Darren, a few weeks later... God has a wicked sense of humour.)

No comments:

Post a Comment